Military preventive medicine mobilization and deployment. Vol. 1. Edited by Patrick W. Kelley Washington, DC: Borden Institute, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 2003.
SECTION 1: A Historic Perspective on the Principles of Military Preventive Medicine 1
1. Preventive Medicine and Command Authority—Leviticus to Schwarzkopf 3
2. The Historical Impact of Preventive Medicine in War 21
3. The Historic Role of Military Preventive Medicine and Public Health in US Armies of Occupation and Military Government 59
4. Preventive Medicine in Military Operations Other Than War 79
5. Conserving the Fighting Strength: Milestones of Operational Military Preventive Medicine Research 105
Subjects: MILITARY MEDICINE, SURGERY & HYGIENE, MILITARY MEDICINE, SURGERY & HYGIENE › History of Military Medicine